Saturday, March 8, 2008

for Jorgen Hansen...

My dear, wonderful art teacher passed away. I am so grateful to have had a short time to work with him. He was insistent on tapping into your own imagination for creating art, and without that push, none of this would have come about like it did. How can you thank someone for helping you find out you have something worthwhile to say? He was 85, a lifelong artist, son of an artist, and was still teaching and passionately discussing art up until his death, a quiet passing in his sleep. This painting was done the day before he died. The piece was always ethereal and not of this world, the perfect piece to dedicate to him. Thank you Jorgen, we'll miss you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

again, so beautiful. you're right - definitely looks ethereal. such talent!!! your teacher would've loved it! xox -KK

Anonymous said...

You know I cried what I read/saw this. I agree with KK, your teacher would have loved your bold strokes and feminine strength.

Anonymous said...

An appropriate tribute to
your teacher. I'm proud of you.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Jill-so sorry to hear about your teacher. What a wonderful way to honor him!
Caroline